Digital innovative products and services
FET Smart Products and Services
FET, guided by the spirit of using innovative technology to solve urban governance and industry pain points, combines core technologies such as "Big, AI, and IoT" (Big Data, Artificial Intelligence, and Internet of Things), cloud computing, and cybersecurity. By leveraging 5G and innovative applications, it drives the transformation of smart cities and industries. FET rapidly extends its experience in building smart cities to all counties and cities in Taiwan, aiming to drive industrial transformation and sustainable development. FET is also a strategic committee member of Go Smart, through which it engages in exchanges with smart city applications worldwide. Additionally, it actively participates in the Smart City Expo held annually in March.
5G Remote Diagnosis Service
- Obtained US HIPAA International Certification in 2022
- Received the '2022 National Innovation Award'
- Received the '2022 Digital Transformation Excellence Award'
- In 2022, a total of 27,529 consultations were conducted through 5G telemedicine. This included 21,122 video consultations and 6,407 remote consultations specifically for rural areas. These consultations covered 12 counties and cities and involved 35 rural health centers. The estimated social sustainability benefits of these consultations are as follows: a reduction in medical costs waste by NT$4.14 million, a reduction in patient productivity loss and healthcare costs by NT$7.55 million, and a reduction of 81.56 metric tons of carbon emissions. For more information, please refer to Section 2.1 Sustainability Benefits Assessment.
5G emergency medical assistance
- In late October 2022, the first "5G Emergency Medical Joint Defense Ambulance" was officially launched nationwide. This innovative ambulance is equipped with advanced paramedic teams (EMTP) providing remote guidance to frontline paramedics (EMT). The collaboration aims to identify critical cases and strengthen pre-hospital emergency care, thereby enhancing the quality of emergency medical services before patients arrive at the hospital.
- By the end of December 2022, the 5G ambulance has successfully facilitated 200 cases of remote guidance for critical patient interventions. Moving forward, there are plans to expand its utilization to regions where there is a shortage of emergency medical resources nationwide.
Energy Management System (EMS)
- The " Air Conditioner in Every Classroom " project was completed in 2022, and it assisted in managing air conditioning systems in 42,000 classrooms across nine cities and counties throughout Taiwan.
- It is estimated that the project will expand to approximately 2,500 additional classrooms in 2023, totaling around 44,500 classrooms that will receive energy management services. This is expected to result in a 4% reduction in air conditioning energy consumption.
Smart Electricity Meter
- In 2022, a total of six new deployment areas were added, encompassing 450,000 households with smart meters. It is projected that a total of 12 deployment areas will be completed in 2023, encompassing approximately 697,000 households with smart meters.
Smart Streetlights and 5G Smart Poles
- The Taoyuan streetlight project completed the installation of 80,541 lamps in 2022, resulting in a total annual energy savings of 53,918,852.295 kilowatt-hours and a total carbon reduction of 27,175,102 kilograms.
- The "Taoyuan City Comprehensive Energy-saving Streetlight Replacement and Maintenance Project" in 2022 was honored with two awards: the "Government Team Award - Excellence" and the "Innovation Award".
- In 2022, we formed alliances with 46 Taiwanese manufacturers and collaborated with the Taipei City Government at the back gate (Songzhi Road section) to successfully complete the field verification of the 5G Smart Pole system.
- The estimated economic value of the environmental, social, and economic sustainability benefits is NT$136.83 million. For more information, please see Section 2.1 Sustainability Benefits Assessment.
- Starting from 2022, a total of 32 collision warning intersections have been gradually established in Taoyuan. It is expected to reduce the driving speed of vehicles at nonsignalized intersections by 20% and decrease the accident rate by 80%.
- In June 2022, intelligent intersection detection systems were implemented at the intersections of Kaixuan/Siwei Road and Kaixuan/Sanduo Road. These systems alert the light rail drivers of vehicles entering the intersection. It is expected to reduce the occurrence of light rail accidents at intersections by 80%.
Smart Charging Service
- In 2022, smart parking and charging stations were implemented at the Kaohsiung Port Terminal and Transportation Center.
- In the retail and wholesale sector, a total of approximately 76,000 kilowatt-hours of electricity were consumed for charging in 2022, resulting in a reduction of approximately 58 tons of carbon emissions.
- [FET Self-operated Sites] Starting from 2021, the following sites have been gradually established:
- A-Mart Nanya Store, ShuiNan Store
- Sogo Zhongxiao Store, Fuhsing Store, Tianmu Store
- Shin Kong Mitsukoshi Xinyi A13, Taichung Tiger City Mall, Banqiao New Station
Telecommunication Big Data Innovation
- Since 2020, we have been continuously providing crowd analysis of administrative agency attractions in Hsinchu, Taichung, Changhua, Tainan, Kaohsiung, and other locations through telecommunications data. During the epidemic period, data has been utilized to assist in crowd control measures, and after the epidemic, it has been used to evaluate the recovery of attraction visitation, providing decision-making support.
- Crowd analysis: In 2022, through data analysis, we conducted crowd analysis of cultural and artistic venues, providing operational units of these venues with evaluations of venue performance and operational administrative recommendations.
- Transportation data innovation services: In 2021-2022, four innovative data services were launched on the Ministry of Transportation and Communications Data Exchange Platform. These services integrate data from both public and private sectors, aiming to enhance the platform's visibility and recognition.
- Epidemic research: In 2022, we provided data analysis for the National Health Research Institutes to conduct epidemic research.
- Transportation planning: In 2022, we provided telecommunications data and precise questionnaires to assist consulting firms in conducting transportation planning for the Yilan-Hualien-Taitung region.
5G Network PILI Collaboration Performance and Co-creation Project
- On December 17, 2022, traditional Taiwanese art was first combined with 5G technology to conduct cross-location performances and VR game interactions. It marked a significant milestone in integrating Taiwan's traditional arts with advanced digital technologies.
- During the project period from 2021 to the end of 2022, a total of three crosslocation co-creation and collaboration events were held in Taipei, Yunlin, and Kaohsiung. The project involved the integration of two sets of VR experience devices and simultaneous participation of 40 audience smartphones, ensuring a seamless and enjoyable viewing and gaming experience for all participants.
With the advancement and integration of big data, artificial intelligence, and the Internet of Things (IoT) technologies, FET continues to launch innovative products and services, offering the public a more diverse smart lifestyle. These offerings aim to meet various needs, enhance quality of life, and ensure mobile network security, enabling individuals to enjoy high-speed, lowlatency, and wide-ranging connections in their smart living services.
FET Mobile Circle App
- The download count of the FET Mobile Circle App has surpassed 4 million.
- The Mobile Circle App's public welfare platform has raised approximately NT$1.45 million for social welfare organizations, reaching a total of 128,557 individuals.
FET SecureNet Service
- Nearly 60,000 subscribers
360 children's smart positioning watch
- Annual sales volume increased by nearly 60% over the previous year.
- friDay shopping revenues grew by 11%